Friday, September 15, 2023

Correcting a couple of brass cars

So, I had two Precision models of a brass double door car that was based on a MKT prototype. Unfortunately, they put on the wrong brakes for the car. Here they are behind the resin car and a brass model of the GN wood sided 1937 AAR car. 
So, first I had to secure the doors and fix any minor defects. 
Then I had to take off the power brake system and build a manual brake system and add other details
I had to repair some steps and door supports
Closer view of the new brake system with cut lever and air hose added.
A new brake platform and brake staff support. 
A bottom bracket for the brake staff also.
The airline was also replaced and moved. 
The cut lever was run behind the brake staff support. 

 Given I model 1956, the cars had to have two hand grabs on the left of the car side. So, I added a Precision cast grab. Next is the paint booth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment