Thursday, September 14, 2023

Adding the panel at Glen Burnie

Just a quick shot of the completed opening for Shamokin. 
Glen Burnie is simpler as it is a straight section of fascia. Here I am measuring where the panel will go to avoid some interior bracing.
Cut made and finished with a sander to make it square. 
Here is an overview of where I am working. The good news is I can stand underneath the benchwork and only scrape my head slightly! That platform is for future operators to be able to stand and see the trains at eye level. 
You can see the turnout motors behind the panel opening It made it easier to adjust them when I was installing them. 
Installing the first frame member. 
The bottom frame member incorporates the frame of the benchwork as I did not have enough room to make it free standing. So, I cut a thin piece of wood to shim pout the benchwork to match the frame dimensions on the other three sides. 
It took a few clamps to set the strip inside the fascia. I also had to make the joint with the side members at the top of the benchwork. 
This gives a better view of the overall assembly. 
Here is the finished frame from the left side
And from the right side.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment