Friday, September 15, 2023

Building a Chooch NP Grain Car

So, this is an early model by Chooch of a low outside braced grain car. It was a kit I bought second hand and was missing some parts, I discovered. So, any black parts are from Intermountain or elsewhere. 
It is a handsome car, but I had to build up the tack boards, make those individual rung ladders, etc. so it took some time. I also had to reach out to Gene Deimling, the maker of the patterns for the kit, to get more prototype information that he kindly provided. Without it, I could not have finished the car as it came with no instructions. 
The roof corner platforms were problematic as I had to bend styrene without breaking it. 
 
The next step is into the paint booth. I took a photo of the brake system and the underbody because it is distinctive but I lost it. I will try to add it later. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment