Thursday, September 14, 2023

Adding a panel to Shamokin

I have inserted the panels in this area into the fascia due to the foot traffic close by. I used a sabre saw to cut open the panel with a hole of the size I needed for my panel. I then had to line the Masonite with a 1X1 inch frame to screw the panel into. Here is the first member of the panel going in.
A higher view that shows the thin nature of the Masonite and the thickness added. 
An interior view of the building of the frame. I had to set it so I could fit the upper member below the plywood base of Shamokin.
We are working our way around the frame. I do have one problem and that is the fascia is curved here. So, one of the side frame members has to be of a different thickness than the other to compensate for the curve. 
Left side member going into the fascia.
Three sides done.
Now for the thicker side as you can see the fascia bending away. 
Adding the additional material to the side member before gluing it to the fascia.

No comments:

Post a Comment