Saturday, February 21, 2015

Turntable Part 5 - Adding the arch and motors

 Well, I went to put the arch on the bridge and found that the casting for the upper portion was too wide. So, after working to reduce its length, I was able to assemble the castings and now we have to mate them to the bridge. I used a 5 minute epoxy and clamps to position the base.
 I actually pinned one side and got it set with epoxy. The I was able to position the other side with more epoxy. The clamps did the trick holding everything together and when the epoxy dried, it seemed quite substantial.
 Now I have to put on the motor assemblies and also the weights that were used to balance the load of the control cabin. They included pictures of the weights in service, but not the motor assemblies. I had to go to their web site and find some pictures to be able to see what they had in mind.
 First step was to cut the weigh casting apart and then trim the flash. Then I had to grind off the bolt heads on the structural member that would hold the weights.
 Here is he assembled arch on the bridge ready for the next steps.
 I am now checking the motor assemblies for fit and flash. I had to file the bases to get them smooth. I also drilled a hole in the motor's junction box on the side so if I felt like adding a conduit I could do it.
 This is the general layout with the gear to on that shaft in the rear.
 One assembly now in place. They are actually at a slight angle due to the curve of the pit.
 Another view
 Here is the side of the arch where  we have to mount the weights


 Weights are now on and epoxied in place
Final view also showing the motor assembly

1 comment:

  1. Awesome article! I want people to know just how good this information is in your article. It’s interesting, compelling content. Your views are much like my own concerning this subject.
    best cheap gaming chairs under 100 dollars

    ReplyDelete