Sunday, July 23, 2017

Trying to Add Motive Power - a C1 nears completion.

 I have a scratchbuilt C1 by Frank Miller that he made from my drawings and research. We used a USH mechanism and added a new boiler to substitute for the oversized one that came from Japan. I have painted it and weathered it and now am, trying to get it completed.
 The boiler front has an etched plate done by Ted Stepek who has passed away. I turned the reflector  from aluminum. I now need to add the 1.5 volt bulb and glass on the headlight.
 The tender is a Key model from their H8, 2-8-0, that is the same tender used behind the C1. I painted and weathered it as well.
 It needs a reflector in the headlight (you can see it on the ground next to the tender), engine numbers on the side panels of the headlight, headlight glass and marker lenses. It seems the final steps take forever as you are so afraid of chipping paint!
 The mechanism has been painted as well and I have added the wiring for the tender and the headlight.
 Here is the circuit for the constant lighting of the micro bulbs. I have to fabricate a few of these as I am trying to complete a couple of engines. One is already in the tender and works fine.
 Parts in place and ready to solder
 Trimmed and soldered and ready for hook up.
Compact so it should fit in the boiler above the gearbox. It is about 2 inches long by 3/4 inch wide.

No comments:

Post a Comment