Sunday, July 1, 2018

Finishing Paxinos' Backdrop

 Well, we now have to tie in the backdrop to the existing scenery. To do that, we need to build out a base for a plaster hillock in front of the backdrop
 I have hot glued tabs to the wall below the photo and am now bringing a chord along to tie into. 
 As I came around, I was unhappy with the height of the end of the photo above the base of the town.  I needed to find a way to fill it in.
 Using a piece of scrap from the photo, I cut a one inch high piece from the grassy area. I then used a black marker to color the edge of the vinyl.
 You can see that the black ran down the back of the strip
 I then glued it to the bottom of the photo and it blended perfectly. Problem solved. A building front will cover the right edge of the photo.
 So, the webbing was then completed.
 You can tell I used Micro Mart cardboard strips to make the base.
 Then I covered it all with red rosin paper
 Starting to look complete.
 Covered the photo with plastic to protect it somewhat while I add plaster.
 Plaster cloth is now on. Not an easy reach into that far corner.
Done for now. I have to let it dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment