Monday, July 23, 2018

The ballast and greenery teams in action

 Well, Gale and Alan are hard at work putting up the green foam on the big hill when you first come in. I hope to have this section done in a couple of sessions.
 Jack and Mike are laying down the ballast in Reed. I have painted the track all the way through town so this is the next step. This area quickly ate 25 pounds of #40 dark grey ballast and I am switching to #30 to see if that stretches further.
 Rich had the night off from the fire house and came by to help. He did a really fine job getting the entrance to town down.
I bought one of those laser cut signs for Paxinos and painted up the station in PRR colors and added the station sign. The sign I got was unpainted but I think I will try a painted one next as it was a pain to add color. I sanded off about half the thickness of the sign and it looked much better.
 Ballast is in and now we have to get the ground cover in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment