Friday, July 20, 2018

Finishing the land and starting scenery.

 Now that the land is painted, we clean up everything and paint the track. I used Rustoleum Camo earth Brown for the main and a lighter brown for the branch.
 Everything got a good spray coat
 I am not too worried about the color on the hill as the foliage will cover that,
 Now I have started to add basic fine grass and browns to the land.
 This will give me a background color when I add the clumpier grass.
 You can see the contrast to the clumpier grass and the basic fine grass.
 Fine grass is going down - I use a tea sifterand diluted white glue to hold these colors down.
 I am going around the loop another time with this approach.

It looks pale but adds a nice touch. I find it is best to do this as if you just glue the coarser material, 
you may get big bald patches.
 Okay, we have gone all the way around the loop
 Now, we start to add the coarse material on the outside of the loop. I have to get this done so I can put the bridge back. I am using Scenic Express scrub grass with some other colors added.
 The outside is now done.
 Now I add the interior of the loop.
 All the way around.
 Next day, I add the outside of the hill.
 Looks a little patchy but not bad.
 Track is looking ready for ballast but I will wait on the lower, main line tracks until I finish the hillside on the right.
 Looks good.
 Over the top. I have to ballast and then I can add the bridge back/
Have to complete the fascia next as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment