Monday, June 4, 2018

Putting in Another Section of Backdrop

 So, working with Backdrop Junction' owner, Dave Burgess, he came up with another nice scene that did a good job representing central Pennsylvania. Here I am trying to see where to start the scene.
 It has a nice look at this point.
 I draped it over the hill to get the best perspective I could before I cut anything.
 This is the preceding scene. Not a match but around the corner and somewhat consistent.
 After careful measuring and making a mock up, the photo is cut and this is how it will look.
 Not bad and will look better with some foliage added.
 Still looks good.
 Now we begin with me explaining what I have in mind and what I have marked on the wall. It is an all hands exercise as it is a longish photo.
 Work begins with the crew in place.
 More measuring to be sure.
 I take one last look before we start.
 I prepare the end of the piece to go on to the wall. Tension is high - at least on my part!
 Everyone is holding their section as I start to place the photo onto the glue.
 Ed reaches out for a small adjustment as the photo appears to be rising slightly.
 Alan checks how it will get around the coved corner.
 Ed is rolling as Alan is smoothing with his hand.
 Ed is totally involved and I supervise and check for appearance. It is looking good. I cut the end at a reasonable spot.
 Phil is positioning that last piece.
 Here it goes as we finish it up.
 Okay, how will it look as we go around the curve??
 Not too bad
 Telling the guys where we have to do our next photo - over the other side.
 The finished product. I have to build some scenery to cover the bottom of the photo where the blue is.
 We all admire what we have accomplished!
 Looks good
 from a bit of a distance.
 At the coved corner - looks good!
 Fits well with the hill. I was worried about this.
 Buildings go well in front.
Finished scene, awaiting some plaster to fill in the rear.

No comments:

Post a Comment