Saturday, May 6, 2017

Photo Backdrop

 Well, sometimes we make progress in big steps! I have been working since last summer to come up with a photo back drop for Crowl on he branch. It has stopped scenery work while I tried to come up with something. I had a very talented neighbor who worked on s series of photos that I took in New Jersey. When he ran into difficulty, a good friend who used Photoshop all the time with terrific results volunteered to help me prepare a file I could use for printing the mural. He developed a wonderful picture but then the printer had problems with it. This was after my friends had devoted a lot of time to the project!  I continued to work with the printer and we finally got something I was looking for.
 Crowl is in an area of rolling farm country in central PA. Corn fields stretch out with low hills and forests. So, that was what I was looking for. I found something like that in New Jersey could not capture it well, which left my friends with a problem. The mural is from pictures in Pennsylvania that has the look. It is 20 feet long on the wall. I will have to trim the white borders off when it is put up with wall paper paste.
 It is just held up now with painters tape. I plan to remove some of the sky portion to help blend it better with my blue sky. I will haze it at the seam. There will be a rising plaster terrain that goes higher than the bottom of the picture and then drops down as it meets the wall. I will place trees on this so buffer the lower seam.
 So, you will see the structures in the foreground, then vegetation and then the picture. You can see it has a nice haze to indicate distance.
 I wanted to end with a hill to blend into the turn in the wall.
I think we will be able to make that work. I will paint on the backdrop around the corner which will also be disguised with trees.
 The work crew gave it four thumbs up so it should look good when done. More views of that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment