Sunday, May 21, 2017

Beginning land forms

 I am going to start building the plaster hills behind the branch line rising to Reed. I need to get all that done before placing the bridge for easier access to the area. So, the first thing I do is nail some Masonite outlines of the hill tops to the wall so I do not glue the cardboard webbing to the sheetrock. This is an overview looking to the west, or back towards Northumberland.
 Here is a view from the previous photo area towards the East and Reed. You can see that the hills do not rise above Reed as it was out in a valley.
 This is a back corner where I will use a hill to disguise the wall corner. The main line is sinking behind the branch so we will have the hill come down to meet it.
 This is a more direct view from the aisle by Reed. It gives a better perspective on how I wanted the hill to rise gradually as the main line was dropping down and I did not want to overshadow it.
 A side view
And a final view showing the variation. You also see the oblique angle that the tracks cross at.

No comments:

Post a Comment