Sunday, March 13, 2016

The novice tries his hand behind Weigh Scales

 Well, here we are behind the west end of Weigh Scales. I have to cover the blue with the hazy sky and then the hill sides. So, my palette awaits me.
 I will do the whole wall to the corner - a distance of about 25 feet.
 I have added the haze and tried to make some light clouds. Wendy said the secret was keeping a wet edge but I got carried away and my brush was too wet. I learned to use paper towels to blot off some of the water and color and then spread the remainder. I had to go back multiple times as the white would run due to the excessive moisture. It settled down over time and came out okay, I think.
 Here is a view down the length of he wall. The clouds are very subtle but I prefered that to heavy statements.
 A closer view at the middle corner
Here is a view of the end corner with more clouds. I got better as I went along. That wiping technique stood me in good stead.

No comments:

Post a Comment