Sunday, March 13, 2016

Completing the backdrop behind the yard

 Well, Wendy has finished (after she painted this)  and the product looks good. I took many notes on her last visit so I could try to duplicate what she did - but not as quickly! She has now finished this portion with the deep green near trees
 I like the effect of the sky and the horizon but I may have made the hills a bit low. I did not want to attract the eye to it. I seemed to raise the hills as I went along.
 Looking to the East, you can see the ridge line goes along with somewhat more prominence.
 Here is a closer look at the trees she simulated. We used the work my daughter, Julie, did as a model to achieve the colors I wanted.
 The completed scene all the way to Mook's Corner. The ridge disapperas as the hill comes up.
She just put up the tree line. I have to build the plaster hill that will come up to meet her tree line and cover those lower tracks you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment