Sunday, March 13, 2016

Adding color to Weigh Scales

 So, here is the master at work. I am now putting trees on the distant hill color base that I mixed to match what we had done with Wendy. The ridge line drops below the near hill as we approach the camera so that is why it is shrinking. I am putting on the trees working to my left.
 Here is the finished view of what I did with the distant hill.
 You can see how it will disappear behind the foreground hill.
 Now I have added the near hill which will back uup the future trees on the plaster hill.
 I like the look of the distant hill better than the near one but i am still learning how to get better definition of the tree tops in the deeper colors.
 Here is a really close shot. I am using some black, yellow, medium green and grey green to make the near trees. You can see the base color to the right rear.
 Here is a view as I am going along. The black plate holds water for the brush. I dip to make the brush moist as I add color. I am using acrylic tube colors for the near trees. I mix them on the brush with the background color.
 Here is what I accomplished in about 5 hours - that includes the hazy background.
I have about another 2 hours to finish as I am going to bring the ridge line into view again as the hill drops down. I wish I could get more color variation in the near trees but I come close to what Wendy did. I will keep fooling with that as I have a lot of wall to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment