Saturday, November 28, 2015

Another cabin added

 This was a former PRSL caboose that I got off eBay. I mentioned it in an earlier post where I showed how I sanded off that lettering with a very fine grit sanding stick.
 It had a red roof so I repainted that black while keeping the cupola red. It was just put into revenue service and looks pretty good on an eastbound freight.
 In that earlier post, I showed how I saved the repack data. I covered it up when doing the weathering so it looks like an update after the car was painted.
 Here it is off the trains so you can see the ends. It is an N5b with the higher grabs on the side and comes with a metal roof walk. This car was missing the end bracket so I had to fabricate that as well. I saw another of these models and it too was missing that bracket so seems they had a soldering problem at the station that worked on these cars.
These cars have roller bearings but are heavy and can run poorly. I run them with a dremel and that seems to loosen up the bearings. I am happy how it came out and it makes a good addition.

No comments:

Post a Comment