Thursday, November 26, 2015

N6's are ready for service

 Well, I finally finished what I thought was going to be an easy project to update some N6's and they are ready for service. I took advantage of the football games to glaze and finish them. Here is the line up for the branch.
 I tried to vary them somewhat with the weathering but doing them all together was a bit of a disadvantage in that regard. This car has the number of one of the last N6's in service as it was used on a branch line railroad in NJ.
 I do like the patina you get with the Vallejo Dark Brown Wash. They all look like they are in service for a while.
 I kept the shadow keystone one lighter as it would have been painted in the last two years. I also suffered with some cars having been factory painted so the base color was darker. I had sanded off the lettering as I did not like what came from Precision. Thus the car is darker.
 More of the group. They are the same yet different.
I used the Mt. Vernon Car Shop decals which are such an improvement on even the improved Champs. The car on the left is one I painted about 15 years ago using the Champs. The one on the right is a recent one with Mt. Vernon lettering. You can see how much sharper and finer the lettering is. Plus, he gives you many more regions to hose from. Mine is the Northern Region.

No comments:

Post a Comment