Tuesday, January 5, 2016

First powered move in the yard

 Well, in between all the other activities, I have been working to sort out the short problems in the power blocks in the yard. I finally have that solved. I also have powered the turnout motors and they are all set up. There were a lot problems until I got all the gaps in place and certified. But when I put the power on, the headlight came on in the engine so I figured we were going to see some movement.
 So, we had our first powered movement in the yard. Our Fairbanks Morse switcher was happily moving a cut of cars. You can see the material that one uses to work on these DC problems - meter, solder, wire, pliers, etc. above the panel we were working on.
Here is the switcher moving at a low speed as it enters the ladder with a good sized cut of cars. Ah, it feels good to see something moving under its own power after such a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment