Saturday, January 23, 2016

Smoothing rough joints in the backdrop.

 Well, my good friend Jim M. came down from PA this week to do some machining and I enlisted him to help go over the spackling job. He is very good at this sort of thing so he graciously agreed to help.
 Jim showed me how to add a little water and some soap to the spackle so that it flows on evenly, smoothly and with no air bubbles. It really worked well. He is mixing a batch here.
 Jim got up on the table and worked his way around the room. We used the light to look for major waves in the spackle I had done.
 He was pretty tired when we finished but he gamely continued until the whole wall was done
He he is in the operator's pit at the east end of the yard, finishing this area. He was a terrific help and I am only one skim coat away from painting this blue. I hope to do that next week. He had to cut his visit short to beat the snow on his way back home. Thankfully, he made it!

No comments:

Post a Comment