Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Finishing the hidden yard - Part 1











Well, after a hiatus that had me going to Australia and New Zealand for a month, I am back and trying to press forward on the layout. So, first I have to finish the hidden yard tracks so I can cover them with the Northumberland Yard.



Thus, I have extended the tracks to the end of the throat. The eight tracks really suck up the flexible sections of Atlas track but I will be left with a lot of surplus track. I purchased this material abut 20 years ago so I have to clean the rail heads to remove the oxide residue.


You can see that I solder the sections together when they are straight and then bend them to the appropriate curve. I also stagger the joints to avoid derailments.



Whatever is left over will go onto Ebay to sell it.

















No comments:

Post a Comment