Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Starting on repairing the Flying F7a

So, now I begin the work to complete the F7a. The engine's body damage has been almost completely finished. The nose had been crushed and Mike Mangini did a terrific job in rebuilding it. The antenna system had been crushed and will need to be rebuilt. 
The rear bulkhead had also been bent inward and buckled the side panels. Mike got them squared away as well. All the work caused Mike to have to sand off the lettering on this side
The corner has now been squared up but we lost the rivet detail on the batten strips, just like on the B unit. So, I will have to replace them. 
This is a view of the roof that shows the loss of the antenna system. The balance of the roof is unmarred.
The undercarriage seems to be okay
The other side was not as heavily damaged so I just have to paint.
As I look at this side, I have to repaint the far left panel and restripe and renumber the engine. So, I am going to try to save the center paint and lettering. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment