Monday, January 15, 2024

More Progress on the F7a

Well, I have completed the patching of the antennae posts using the strip brass. So, now we have the familiar PRR look again.
I am now covering the areas of the original paint that I believe I can save. This includes the steps to the cab on this side. 
I also have been cleaning out the glue from the grill that h as been removed
The patches are not too obvious and should further disappear once painted. 
I am trying to save the paint on the other side to avoid having to use another name set. I also have to cover the grill on this side, which was not removed. I will have to change the unit number so I had to sand off the decal in the lower left portion of the side. 
Top down view of the side. 
Primer has been applied to the body
It is beginning to look like a fresh F7
A lighter coat of primer in the rear. 
I covered the keystone on the nose door to avoid having to do that over. I will place the reflector into the headlight housing after I apply the body color. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment