Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Looking closely at the Antenna of the F7

So, the antenna stanchions took quite a beating. I am thinking I can splice them back together using some 0.015"X0.060" brass strip. This is a view of my goal. There are no parts available but Calscale and they do not match this exactly so I would I have to remove all the stanchions.  
Here you can see an undamaged stanchion and on the far right, a broken stanchion that is the most difficult to repair, broken right off at the base. 
I have now soldered one side. 
Additional repairs
Here is the last stanchion on the right side with its splice. 
This is a tough one. Both twisted and broken at the base. 
I have now soldered anther one like it without a splice but I do not have confidence in it for the long term.
Making some progress, more to go.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment