Friday, December 1, 2023

Adding a new Industry

Well, I have to get some customers for the railroad so the Real Estate Development group went out and was soliciting new industries. They came up with a nominee for a large building in Shamokin. The Temple Stewart Company had closed down some time ago upon the death of the owner and the building was vacant.  A new, upcoming company, Halbert and Sons, has entered the market and was looking for space, so we converted the old factory to a space for them. I used a Power Point program to make the signs to fit. I used regular paper and tried a few different fonts before I settled on this one - easy to read for the switching crews. 

So, here we see the large trackside sign. This is actually my practice sign so just held in with tension on the frame. I printed a final once I saw that this looked good. It is sized to fit within the existing frame and held on with contact cement. I may do a light weathering spray on it to integrate it more. 

This is how I masked the side of the building to spray the contact cement onto the frame. I also sprayed the back of the sign itself. 



 This is the view of the front of the building with the company name spelled out. This is the final version of this sign. The company is located in Shamokin and will be placed there shortly. 

 I am anxious to find out how to make more signs with power point, using other colored papers. Lacking white ink is a problem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment