Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Finishing the ramp upgrade

Well, it took me a while to find the ballast I had used in this area as I have about 4 ballast types on the layout. Here you can see the ballast has been added over the magnets and I have to spray them with water and then drip on the glue. I covered the area around the ramps with paper to shield the undisturbed areas.

Ballast in place and ramp area sprayed. Glue has been added and absorbed. 


I initially tried putting the water in place with an eyedropper but that disturbed the ballast and did not look as good. The track at the top of the picture shows that. It motivated me to get out the sprayer.


A closer look at that area.



 Here is the main line, now ballasted and glued. As an ironic touch, I used an old Micro Mark catalogue as my source of paper for the masking. 

No comments:

Post a Comment