Sunday, December 10, 2023

Repairing a Key F7B Unit

Well, this is part of a longer story of an A/B set that derailed and fell off the track and went to the floor about 7 feet below. The B unit had less damage than the A unit so I am addressing it first. I had a gentleman in California repair the body damage and this is how it returned to me. The wrinkled panel has been straightened and the work resulted in the loss of rivet detail on the batten strips. I have found some Archer rivet decals that match the size and separation of the original batten strips. I have laid a decal on the bottom batten to see how it would look.

This is a close up of the decal on the body. I have cut it to size in preparation for its application. 

This is a close up of the applied rivet decals on the batten strips around the straightened panel. I have treated them with one dose of MicroSet and will put a dose of Solvaset on before I paint the panel with Dark Green locomotive Enamel (Brunswick Green) by Scalecoat. 


 This is an overview of the unit. It has some of the original Dullcoat rubbed off by handling during the repair work. I am counting on that disappearing when I respray it with Dullcoat after I finish the repainting. I will show that in the near future. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment