Friday, March 30, 2018

Building the Actual Plug and Finishing the Hill.

 So, we take our plug base to the workshop
  I am going to use red foam for lightness and strength in the walls
 I traced the sides of the box onto the red foam and have cut it with a knife to match. I bought some foam glue to assemble it.
 Foam glue works but takes time to set. I used squares to ensure vertical walls while it dried.
 Box is coming together. The diagonal wall is a pain but we get it together
 He is the bottom half of the box. I had one foot wide pieces so I had to glue a second level on.
 The other side
 Here is the plug in the box so I can trace the upper sections of wall that I need.
 Plug is complete. I have hot glued tabs for the webbing to attach to.  I also added a cardboard center spine to hold he webbing on its long span.
 Side view
 I now have to complete the webbing of the hill. I added another cardboard rib to hold the webbing on a long span.
 Webbing going in and tied to the box.
 Plug is now getting its webbing.
 Cross weave  is in and trim pieces added along the side.
 I have added the red rosin paper covering of the webbing.
 It is tied into the previously built hillside.
 The rosin paper certainly indicates the contours we will have in the area and how the pop up box will sit.
Looking back from the other end of the narrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment