Friday, July 10, 2015

More modeling

 I have wanted a more extensive trailer train roster so I had to add another car with all the chains and blocking - representing a 1955 technology shipment. Using a car done by the master, Lee Turner, as a model,  seen at the rear, I painted an Overland F39 flat to show that the deck was wood and then did the ramps and chains in safety yellow.
 Here I have added some wood to the top of the Overland castings so I can attach the chains and level the trailers. I sprayed the ramps and chains and then weathered them with the acrylic washes. Lastly, I ACC'ed them to the deck. The loops on them are to attach the chains.
 Now I have begun the tedious job of attaching the chains and come alongs
 Here is the center mount of the two ramps for the two trailers. I actually had to add the loops on the flat deck as the previous owner of the car had removed them!
 Here are two cars coupled together with the same chain arrangement. I am going blind!
 This gives  a good shot of the decking and the chains in place.
 This is how the cars appear with the chains and the trailers in place.
I really like the look and they will go well in a train from Buffalo to Harrisburg! Now back to the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment