Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Finishing Genevieve's Caboose

 Well, in an earlier post you saw my granddaughter holding her teddy bear and painting weathering on a caboose. I thought I would show you the finished product. It is the car to the left - an NX23 caboose. It came out so well, I also did two N6b cabooses.
 Here is a broad side of the car with the safety yellow on the railings and glazed. I shot is with some grime from below and grunge from the top down.
 It looks good on the siding. The trucks were oiled up and as shown below, mud was sprayed up on th ends from the rain.

 Here is the view from the roof. In future, I will do some board coloring on the roof walk as well.
 I also used the technique on an SP 50 foot boxcar - an A50-10.
I am really coming to like the look.

No comments:

Post a Comment