Friday, July 10, 2015

Some modeling activity

 Well, I am very short of cabooses as I increase the number of trains on the layout. I acquired a caboose that was painted for the PRSL for a very reasonable price as no one wanted it due to its lettering. Advised by Lee Turner, I sanded off the lettering with a 400 grit sanding stick and ended up here.
 I still had a problem with the classification lettering so I had to remove the reference to the PRSL. I put some water on the car and using that same stick, I was able to remove the class info while saving the repack info.
 Here is what I now have to start my repainting and relettering. I will show that in later installment.
 I have been very worried about my capacity to weather cars. Lee Turner advised me to buy some Vallejo Dark Brown wash and go over a car and go from there. I decided to give it an acid test and use my 5 year old granddaughter, Genevieve, and her animal friend to see how hard it was. She really enjoyed herself as she did the roof of an NX23.
 Here she is really getting into the project.
 The car is coming together now that it looks like it has been on the road. It is amazing how that wash covers so many sins.
Further along, I placed the wash on the sides as it took more coordination than doing the roof. I will send along a photo of it on the road in a future post. It needs some safety yellow and window glass. Genevieve now checks on her caboose when she comes downstairs.

No comments:

Post a Comment