Friday, January 21, 2011

Going underground


Well, I have not posted for a while as I have not had too much surface progress. I have been underground wiring up the turnouts in Herndon. The photo shows a Circuitron switch motor with a wiring clip attached to it. The other photo shows the clips laying out on top of the turnouts in the hidden yard. They have to be installed next. I have prewired 8 lengths of code 19 wire to the clip. It provides motor power to the switch motor, and wiring for two sets of switches internal to the motor. They power the turnout and any lights we might want. So, in the under the track work, I have hooked up the turnout motor to the power supply, and the switch to a wire going to the frog. The other three wires are hanging there for a future connection.

No comments:

Post a Comment