Friday, January 24, 2020

Finishing Touches for Sunbury

 Well, it has been a while but I have been very busy with multiple issues. As I looked at Sunbury's photo, it was apparent that there were contemporary autos in the foreground. So, I need some sort of visual block. I figured a fence of some sort would do. I had some surplus stripwood and wood paneling that I could cut up for a 6 foot tall fence that would be along the property line. Here I am staining it with a brown/black mixture. I am using the cloth to rub it down.

 It took a couple of sessions to get the right color so I used a covered plastic container for the job.
 I was cutting the stripwood with a micro cutoff saw.
I used the large ruler as a straight edge to place the panels on the bracing. 
 I ran out of panels and had to go to individual planks for the distant edge of the fence. It would be more rustic as it was going into the woods.
 I used rear bracing to also stand the fence off the photo. It would give me a sense of some distance.
 So, here is the better fence close to the shops. The cars and modern trucks are mostly hidden.
 As we look along the photo, the separation shows up.
 The rustic fence comes into view about 4 feet down the track. The viewer is about 6 feet away.
Here is an overview to give you a sense of the scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment