Friday, May 10, 2019

Completing the wall.

 Well, our challenge with the main line is as I  expected. There is no good place to put the far hill in terms of height.
 I selected a set of photos that have a low hill in the apex of our cove so it looks the furthest away.
 Then I have a high hill as we approach the bridge over the main so we do not lose the backdrop there and it gives me a transition to the higher branch line backdrop.
 Paul is looking at it and feels I could have made that back hill higher. A matter of taste a style.
 It looks pretty good to me relative to the tracks. You can see the height problem in the little section of backdrop on the right of the photo. I am going to have to add plenty of trees here too.
 This is the backdrop on the left edge of the branch line town.
 So, now I am going to cut smaller sections to go between the buildings and transition to the town.
 Those are now in place.
 The brick building will be higher in the rear and cover the end of the photo.
We are looking okay I think. 
 Here is the longer view and you can see how that high hill behind the main blends into the town backdrop, which will look better with the addition of trees.
 I am generally pleased with it. I learned to cut up the backdrop and modified sections to make the blending of the photos easier.
 Long view
 Long view of the curve,
and the town

No comments:

Post a Comment