Tuesday, October 17, 2017

A Culvert for Crowl

 I have taken an HO Chooch culvert and made it into a culvert for Crowl. I liked the stone construction as it is typical of the PRR in this area. I first glued the castings to  a Masonite base that I painted with a concrete color.
 I then added some wood guides and took a half a roll core from a toilet paper roll and painted it black in the inside.
 I glued the core to the base and the casting and painted the interior floor black also. It is long enough that one cannot see out the other side.
 I had made an opening in the plaster work as we put the plaster finish coat on - I used the casting as a guide for the outline that we left.
Here is the finished product inserted into the scenery. Now I have to plaster it in and bring the scenery products up to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment