Saturday, February 27, 2016

Getting Ready for Scenic Painting

 I have a professional painter coming over later this next week and she is going to put some distant trees on the backdrop behind the yard. So, I need to get the land form in place before she gets here. Previously, Paul and Alan had put some webbing in this area. I went ahead and covered it with rosin paper prior to getting some plaster cloth up on the wall.
 My good friend, Tony, came over and helped me with the work as I am up on the layout and it goes much faster with a ground man to pass things and move things along.

 Here is a shot of us together as I come down from my perch.
 Tony took the camera and documented what a great position one has to get in to paint or spackle up here.
 I take a break to smile. This is where the painter is going to have to work as well. Thankfully, she is younger than me!
 Here are shots from another angle. You can see that I switched to foam board to make the transition from the base of the track tot he back drop.
 I will cover the foam with plaster cloth as well as I get that part done.
It is really uncomfortable working up here I can tell you! There is only 27 inches of vertical clearance. I am repairing some pull marks that you see as white dots. I have to smooth them for the next coat of paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment