Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Finally finished color..

 On the inside aisle, along the yard, I started putting the color on above the webbing that Rich installed last week.
 I had some more compounding to do to finish it but now we are done and time to paint.
 Paint is up and Paul is carrying on with the webbing for the low hill. It is a really a tough place to work. I will be happy when I no longer have  to climb up here.
 Alan is leading Paul around the curve. Everyone can work for only about an hour or so due to the aches we all get from having to lie on the track.
 Some webbing up and more to glue to down
 After the session, I took some photos of the backdrop after it was painted.
 The new view down the yard before addition of the clouds and other accents on the backdrop.
 This is the last curve and the one that took about 10 coats of compound to smooth out. The fan was to accelerate the drying time since the mud was so deep.
 Looking back up the wall. The column is now essentially hidden.
 That curve looks good - thanks Jim M.
 Walking back around., here is a view down the east end of the yard.
 At the end of the aisle, I have now painted the wall above the layout so we have just a sky view.
 Back in the center aisle, I also painted that wall where the backdrop terminates.
And the same for the wall at the end of Milton. All the blue is essentially done and the backdrop is complete. Only 2 weeks late. Now for the massive clean up - what a mess I have from dust and droppings!

No comments:

Post a Comment