Saturday, December 21, 2013

Wiring Reed

 With the addition of Mount Carmel, we need to have a place we can run around the train so it can go back up the hill to the top of the room. So, I need to make Reed functional. It is the first town we hit outside of Northumberland so it is a logical place to start. In this picture, you can see we have not done any wiring to speak of.  The terminal strips are in and now  I have to wire up to them.
 The switch motors are hanging in place and I have just added the miocro switches to power the frogs. Now I have to connect these yellow and grey wires to the heavier wires below.
 Well, we are making progress and the terminal strip is getting populated. I have also painted the panel and mounted the switches on it. The panel frame has been built and painted black. This is what I will bring the fascia up to when I install that to hide the wiring.
 A side view of where the vertical panel will go. The track is covered with tools used for all the wiring.
Eureka!! The panel is in place. The actual color is not a bright a green as it is Hunter Green, a dark green shade. We can now run around several cars at a time and even have a main line train on the lowest  track. This worked fine when I tested it.

No comments:

Post a Comment