Saturday, December 21, 2013

Install Crowl Panel

 Well, Reed is a very long siding and at the east end, we have the Crowl control point and turnout. The Shamrock water tank is just beyond the turnout. You can see the prototype picture of the location on the wall.  So, I decided to put the control for the turnout and the block that leads to Paxinos at Crowl. Thus, I need a small panel here. You can see I have placed a terminal strip on the right upright of the roadbed. Now I need to wire up to it, joining into the buses that are the red cables.,
 This is the basic temporary panel I made as I have run out of Plexiglas. I will insert a Plexiglas panel into the fascia when I get it installed up to this point. I can control the turnout and the block beyond that leads to Paxinos. That is beyond the curve to the right. I have to drive to Richmond to buy more Plexiglas so that will have to wait until after the holidays.
I had a devil of a time getting the blocks to work in conjunction with the earlier panel at Reed until I found the crossed wire that gave me two days of fits. The passing track leading to the rear is about 30 feet from Reed so the siding will hold about 35 cars.

No comments:

Post a Comment