Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Finishing for the Open House

 We have the O scale Convention coming and my house will be open so I have been pressing to finish the scenery that we can get done in time. So, Gale is applying his expertise to a culvert under the branch line to get it sceniced for me.
 Mike is working with Paul to cover the big hill with some heavy larger ground foam. Mike is working in the hatch we built a while ago.  You can see the coat of white glue that holds the material that he is spreading.
 Paul is working on the steeper slope of the hill. He is above that weathered track!
 Ed is filling in holes in the roadbed as I put a kerf in it to allow me to bend it. The slot of the kerf has been absorbing too much ballast so I have come up with a method of filling that slot with black sand to minimize the loss of the more expensive ballast.
Alan is putting a coat of Matte Medium on the greenery to ensure it stays in place as the slopes are steep.
This is about my last shot at scenery and now I will have to clean the floors, put away all the supplies and ensure the layout is running well by August 20. It is a good thing I learned to scrub floors when I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment