Monday, March 30, 2015

Building the turntable - Part 8 - Riveting the cabin

 Well, since the last post, I filled the corner seams of the cabin with Squadron Green putty and sanded everything smooth. I then sprayed the cabin with Tamiya primer based on a recommendation from Jim Mucka. It really set down very nicely even though shot from a spray can. I used a grey Polyscale paint to put the tissue on the roof as tar paper. I then drew guide lines for the rivets on the walls that I will add to simulate the steel sheets that made up the covering of the cabin.
 Using Archer rivets for the first time, I put a double row using the tank car set simulating two sheets of steel on the front and rear of the cabin. Then I used single rows to do the rest of the work around the base.
Here is the finished cabin with all rivets in place. Those Archer rivets are sure handy and relatively quick. I did have to use Champ Solvaset to eliminate air under the decal film. Next is into the spray booth for the final color.

1 comment:

  1. Your article has piqued a lot of positive interest. I can see why since you have done such a good job of making it interesting.
    top 10 cheap gaming chairs under 100 at zone top 10

    ReplyDelete