Saturday, August 23, 2014

Working on Weigh Scales

 Well, we have to finish Weigh Scales so we have an operating gathering yard on the branch. First thing was to add a couple of sidings for Feed Mill and a Creamery. Tough working in a corner but they are in.
 We added the fascia and now I have to cut in the panel. So, using a jig saw and a guide, I cut out the opening that we had made in the framing step. I then lined it with 1X1's to provide a recess and mounting point for the panel.
 The clamps held everything securely while the glue dried. I then sanded it all flush.
 Here is the extent of the fascia. I have now carried it all the way around the next set of curves.
 The interior of the panel cavity as we begin to add the wiring. That is the switch machine power supply on the shelf. I also built a local throttle that is now on the shelf to the left of the switch machine PS.
Unfortunately, the pictues are a little out of order as I just got a new camera but here is the fascia clamped while the glue is drying.

No comments:

Post a Comment