Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Finishing Subgrade at Milton



Well,

We are now starting the last section of track to get us back to the yard at Northumberland. You can see the end of the hidden yard at the left of the first picture. I have laid the plywood and now must secure it down. Then we start the grade while the subroadbed for Milton goes off to the right and ends by the door. You can see the main line going up to the left. The benchwork is complete to the end of the wall down by the TV. The main will turn left there and go back to the left and up the hill to Northumberland.

In the last two pictures you can see the tool that I am using to set the grade at about 1.85% to bring us up the 8 inches I need to reach the level of the yard.


I am planning to get the bench work done and then place the plywood before I put the homasote in place.

I am reaching the end of major construction and cannot wait to get to the yard trackage.


















No comments:

Post a Comment