Wednesday, July 6, 2022

Finishing the '34 Ford Pick Up

So, you saw this when I was priming the Studebaker in an earlier post. It is an inexpensive 1934 Ford die cast model that I disassembled and painted as I described I was going to do.
This is the reassembled truck next to a similar starting point for the next one. I think these cars cost me $5. 

I painted the fenders black as was common, the body dark green and left the chrome on the headlight housing. I painted over the chrome wheel hubs, bumpers, and taillights. I silvered the doorknobs and painted the interior. I kept the running board looking like rubber and I painted the roof to look different like canvas which was painted. The driver is an inexpensive Chinese made sitting figure. 
Here is the start and the finish. It doesn't look like a rod anymore.
It should look good on the layout. I have to find something for him to be carrying. Plus I need a black license plate holder and a license plate. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment