Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Continuing the hill saga

I had the help of Ed and Rich in putting up a plastic covering of the photo backdrop. I need to develop an approach to covering the lower level of the photo, up to the top of  the white border. 
I started the photo in a place where it can appear from behind the plaster hill which is coming around from the left.
Paul brought me some scrap 2 inch think green foam to use to build a low hill. Mat helped me rip it on my table saw into pieces that stack up into a 6 inch slope up to the base of the photo. 
There is some flexibility to the foam so it curves with the backdrop. I found that it glues with carpenter's glue and really sets up quickly. 
So, we mocked up how it would appear before covering it with some plaster. 
Now, I have glued the foam down and held it in place with screws until the glue dried. Now I have to integrate it into the cardboard frame.
Low and behold, the foam can be glued with hot glue so the strips just glued to the hill base. 



Now I have completed the webbing for the hill base. 
So, the corner's base is now in place. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment