Friday, June 17, 2022

Improving Die Cast cars

Well, I have been inspired by John Sethian and also some articles on HO cars so I decided to see if I could make a better car with paints and dulling. 

Here I have disassembled a 1934 Ford pickup that is actually set up as a hot rod. I have broken all the pressed down studs that hold the parts together and separated the parts. I am planning on painting the chrome bumper black, and I will also paint the wheel rims black as well. So, it has been primed for painting. The fenders will be black and the cab a dark green. 
Here is a completed model. It is a 1950 Studebaker Commander that I disassembled. The plastic chrome and body paint is way too shiny so it gets Dullcoated. I also added silver to the struts in the windows and the door handles. I painted the interior including the steering wheel. 

It really looks nice with a license plate and a satin finish. 

I added a lady driver. Painted the frames of the wing windows. I also painted the rear view mirror onto the inside of the windshield. It all takes time but the vehicles should look better in the close up views.

No comments:

Post a Comment